From Leuven to Africa by bike in one day
Since 30 May 2011 you can go on a pleasant cycle ride from Leuven to Africa. This unique bicycle circuit combines nature and culture, attractive historical buildings and some nice surprises. The cycle route is part of the Dijleland cycle network.
In Leuven you can enjoy a tasty breakfast and discover the M collection in the renovated city museum. After that you will pedal past some of the most beautiful spots and attractive buildings such as the Park Abbey and the Arenberg Castle. Experience the grandeur of Tervuren Park and visit the Royal Museum for Central Africa where an African lunch will put you in the right mood. The bike circuit takes you further along the Zoet Water via Heverleebos and Meerdaalwoud before returning to the point of departure.
This sporty adventure costs 30 euros. The bicycle package includes:
- A full breakfast in the relaxing M-café in Leuven
- Reduced entry to the M museum in Leuven
- Free entry to the Royal Museum for Central Africa (RMCA)
- An African lunch in the RMCA cafeteria
- A snack in a catering establishment along the Zoet Water (’t Kouterbos, Zoet Water Terrace or Brasserie BleuBlanc) in Oud- Heverlee
- Reduced price bike rental at the Fietspunt Leuven
- A tourist information pack from Tourism Leuven and Flemish Brabant
The cycle package is on sale at:
- Tourism Leuven, Naamsestraat 1, 3000 Leuven, tel 016 20 30 20 - email@example.com; www.visitleuven.be
- Fietspunt Leuven Station, Professor van Overstraetenplein 1/001, 3000 Leuven, tel 016 21 26 01 - firstname.lastname@example.org ; www.velo.be
- Vélo, Hollestraat 1, 3001 Leuven, tel 016 29 87 40