- Researchers are welcome weekdays from 9 am to noon and 1 pm to 4 pm. Contact Nadine Devleeschouwer if you have any questions.
- The collections and archives can be accessed for scientific research by appointment (weekdays 9 am to noon and 1 pm to 4 pm). You can contact alexander.vral who centralises requests and is responsible for their administration.
- Photographic reproductions or the loaning of objects can be requested through Alexander Vral. The general guidelines drawn up by the Collection Management department apply.
- Alexandre Smith offers an explanation and guidance concerning surveys for people living or working in Africa with an interest in documenting the production of contemporary pottery by appointment. This information is indispensable to us for the development of a reference databank.
- We offer expertise of archaeological material found south of the Sahara by appointment, free of charge. In principle, archaeological heritage remains the inherent property of the owner of the land. It can therefore not be exported without the owner’s permission. We never give financial values for deontological reasons.
- for prehistoric stone artefacts: contact Els Cornelissen
- for pottery : contact Alexandre Smith