Order your English or French book and get a 20% discount.
Code : PROMOTAN
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
ISBN : 978-9-4922-4425-3
Retail price: 16,50 €
This book studies a little-known religious tradition known as nswo and shared by several groups from the south-western part of the Démocratic Republic of Congo, including the Yansi, Sakata, Hungana, Buma, Mfunuka, Tsong, Mbala, Teke, Dikidiki, and Yaka.
Numerous examples of sculptures used as part of nswo practice are found in the collections of the Royal Museum for Central Africa (Tervuren, Belgium) and account for a significant part of the book’s discussion.
The book investigates the origins of the religion, its spread, and its regional variations as expressed in the nature of both the rites and the statuary.
Julien Volper is an art historian and researcher with the Heritage studies service of the Royal Museum for Central Africa.
How to order?
You can order by mail, fax or e-mail. Please remember to mention the address to which your order should be sent.
- by mail:
Royal Museum for Central Africa
B-3080 TERVUREN, BELGIUM
- by fax: +32 2 769 55 11
- by e-mail: email@example.com
- Payment by credit card: please complete the credit card payment authorisation form and send this to us with your order, by fax, email, or post.
- All other payment methods require us to send you a pro-forma invoice. Once paid in full, the books are posted.
- Your order will be dispatched through the most cost-effective means.
Please specify if you wish your order to be delivered specially by courier service (UPS).
A price offer can be made beforehand with the exact cost of your order.
How to buy?
- Our publications are also carried by fine booksellers.
- While the museum remains closed for renovation, there is a temporary sales point at the CAPA-building (E) of the RMCA.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tél. : +32 2 769 5208
- Two other Pop-up sales points:
- BELvue Museum shop, Place des Palais, Brussels
- Tropismes 2 (Samsa), rue Alphonse De Witte 44, Brussels (Flagey).
- In Kinshasa, DR Congo. Since November 2013, a selection of books is on sale at the bookshop of the Bilembo cultural centre:
Concession TEXAF, rue Marie Ange Lukiana (Colonel-Mondjiba, just after the French Embassy), La Gombe, Kinshasa.
Contact: Chantal Tombu, director: email@example.com
Please contact us:
Tel.: +32 2 769 52 08
***For each order of € 250 or more, you receive a 10% discount!***