Right from the start, the RMCA published scientific works in collections called "Annals of the RMCA". These annals corresponded to the research departments and were published as a sub-series (e.g. "in 4°" and "in 8°").
In 2003, a far-reaching restructuring took place. This resulted in the appearance of new designs and identifiers and also enabled rationalisation of the scientific series.
For example, the collection of the zoology department (Annals of zoological sciences in-4°, series 1 to 5 and Annals in-8° ) were grouped together in a single collection of monographs Studies in Afrotropical Zoology, and a periodical, Journal of Afrotropical Zoology.
Overview of editorial reorganisation
|former title||latest issue||new title||first issue|
|Zoological Annals, |
|Studies in Afrotropical Zoology (SAZ)||292 |
|Journal of Afrotropical Zoology (JAZ) |
merged in 2011 in EJT
| 1 |
|Zoological documentation||27 |
|Annals in Geological Sciences||107 |
|Tervuren African Geoscience Collection |
and online version of out of print publications
|Annals in Historical Sciences||168 |
|Studies in social siences and humanities||169 |
|Annals in Historical Sciences||18 |
|Studies in social siences and humanities ||Idem|
|Annals in Social Sciences and Humanities, |
series Africana Linguistica
|Africana Linguistica Journal ||12 |
|Tervuren Series for African Language Documentation and Description ||2010|
|Archive for Anthropology and History||Online only |
Digital series Human Sciences Documentation
|Annals in Economical Sciences and Agriculture||5 |
|Studies in African Environment and Sustainability|
Furthermore, apart from any scientific publications outside the series, two other large collections complete this overview.
- Cahiers africains [African dossiers], created in 1972 under the title "Cahiers du Cedaf" and now published in coedition with Harmattan (Paris)
- this series deals with the field of social sciences and the history of Central Africa, more particularly of Congo-Kinshasa.
- the catalogue includes more than 75 titles.
See Publications Contemporary History Section (Cahiers africains)
- The "Collections of the RMCA" series appeared in 2006.
- objective: to present the scientific collections, possibly accompanied by an exhibition devoted to these subjects.
- richly illustrated, these small and attractive books are available in three languages. Readers will discover a selection of the most representative items of the museum’s collections including the history of how they were set up and corollary research.
- this series is aimed at a general public that is as wide and varied as possible.