How can I contribute to a safe museum visit for everyone?
Wearing a mask is mandatory for everyone over 12 years of age.
- Buy your ticket online. Try to avoid any unnecessary physical contact.
- When you buy your ticket online, you will be asked to select a time block. Please respect the chosen time block.
- If an online purchase is not possible, please pay by bank or credit card at the reception desk. Please try to avoid cash.
- Respect the rules for social distancing during your visit and keep a minimum distance of 1.5m from other persons.
- Try to avoid elevators. If necessary, a maximum of one person at a time or one contact circle will be allowed. Wheelchair users and/or persons with reduced mobility can use the elevator with one extra person.
- Limit the use of the lockers. Lockers may only be used with your own coin. No tokens are lent out.
What measures does the AfricaMuseum take for a safe museum visit?
- A time gauge with quotas has been put in place to space out the number of visitors during the day.
- There is a fixed one-way route through the museum to help you follow the necessary social distancing rules.
- The maximum number of visitors per gallery is indicated at each gallery entrance.
- Our reception area is reorganized to safeguard social distancing.
- Public sanitary facilities and other frequently used objects such as door handles, stair railings, lift buttons, lockers, etc. will be cleaned frequently.
- Disinfectant gel is available at various points around the museum.
- Wheelchairs and rollators are only available upon reservation so they can be disinfected after every use. For a reservation, please contact email@example.com.
A few more useful tips:
- If you come by public transport, wear a mask.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Stay at home if you feel sick.
Can tours and workshops take place again?
Guided tours and workshops cannot take place for the moment.
Are the AfricaShop and Bistro Tembo open again?
The AfricaShop is open.
Bistro Tembo is still closed.
Do you have any further questions about your visit to the AfricaMuseum?
Feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are ready to help you. Together we can keep the AfricaMuseum corona-free.