Kinder & Familie
The AfricaMuseum is a fascinating place for young and old alike. Every effort is made to welcome and assist families during their visit.
The admission in free under 18s.
AfricaMuseumQuest: game in the permanent exhibition
Cycling package from the Atomium to the AfricaMuseum
At the reception you will receive a floor plan showing all the highlights for children:
- musical instruments to try
- crafts corner
- rumba corner
- games on touchscreens
- Virtual Reality experience (8 years old and up, with parental supervision)
- and more
Temporarily unavailable due to health measures:
In the museum our animals are on open displays. Please do not touch the animals. The floor plan shows you where you can feel different animal skins.
If you want to prepare your visit, download the floor plan.
In Tervuren, enjoy the beautiful park as well. A short walk through the park leads you and the children to a beautiful large playground on the outskirts of the town.
Duration of the visit
The museum's floor area has doubled after the renovation, so allow at least 2 hours for a visit.
Eating and drinking in the museum
There are several spots where you can have something to eat or drink.
- Coffee corner:
- During weekends, you can enjoy here a sandwich or soup; on weekdays, drinks and healthy snacks can be purchased from a vending machine.
- You can also eat your own snacks in the coffee corner.
- A microwave oven for warming baby food is available.
- Tembo, the museum restaurant:
- Tembo has a nice play area for children.
- Tembo offers a special children's menu.
It is advisable to book in advance in Tembo!
- Picnic room
- Do you prefer to bring your own picnic? You can!
- When the weather is nice, the park is ideal for a pleasant picnic.
- In rainy weather and on weekends, our picnic room at level -2 is open.
- Handrails at child's height.
- Low toilets (in the new building).
- Changing tables for babies.
- Breastfeeding area: with changing tables for babies, armchair and screens.
Any tips on our offer for families?
Your feedback is important to us.
Please send us your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org