A museum for the whole family
The AfricaMuseum is a fascinating place for young and old alike. Every effort is made to welcome and assist families during their visit.
The admission in free under 18s.
Celebrate your birthday to the rhythm of the African rumba!
During this vibrant workshop, you and your group will sing, dance and play along a route through several African societies.
A search through the museum’s galleries will introduce you to the little lamellophone, the bow harp and the slit drum, as well as swinging rumba dancers, drum orchestras and much, much more.
Back in our miniature concert hall, you will join a professional musician for an amazing jam session filled with musical stories, dance and music!
- reservation required
- duration: 1h30
- audience: kids 7-12 year
- participants: 9 kids max. + 1 adult (with face mask)
- language: in French, Dutch and English
- price: 140 €
AfricaMuseumQuest: game in the permanent exhibition
At the reception you will receive a floor plan showing all the highlights for children:
- musical instruments to try
- crafts corner
- rumba corner
- games on touchscreens
- Virtual Reality experience (8 years old and up, with parental supervision)
- and more
Temporarily unavailable due to health measures:
In the museum our animals are on open displays. Please do not touch the animals. The floor plan shows you where you can feel different animal skins.
If you want to prepare your visit, download the floor plan.
In Tervuren, enjoy the beautiful park as well. A short walk through the park leads you and the children to a beautiful large playground on the outskirts of the town.
Duration of the visit
The museum's floor area has doubled after the renovation, so allow at least 2 hours for a visit.
Eating and drinking in the museum
There are several spots where you can have something to eat or drink.
- Tembo, the museum restaurant:
- Tembo has a nice play area for children.
- Tembo offers a special children's menu.
It is advisable to book in advance in Tembo!
- Picnic room
- Do you prefer to bring your own picnic? You can!
- When the weather is nice, the park is ideal for a pleasant picnic.
- In rainy weather and on weekends, our picnic room at level -2 is open.
- Handrails at child's height.
- Low toilets (in the new building).
- Breastfeeding area: at level -2 of the museum, with changing tables for babies, armchair and screens.
Any tips on our offer for families?
Your feedback is important to us.
Please send us your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org