Culture & Society
The exhibition is about the history and culture of the Kongo peoples in West Central Africa and about their contributions to the development of African American cultures in the South of the US, as a result of the trans-Atlantic slave trade. The exhibition has opened on 22 October 2013 at the Harn Museum of Art and will subsequently travel to the Carter Presidential Library and Museum, Atlanta, GA, to the Princeton University Art Museum, Princeton, NJ, and to the New Orleans Museum of Art, New Orleans, LA.
- Africanisms in American English: Critical Notes on Sources and Methodology
- On Nsambi Pluriarcs
- A touch of Exoticism: “European Fashion” in Kongo
- Exhibition Preview: Kongo across the Waters
- Kongo in the Age of Empire
- Kongo across the Waters. Introduction.
- Kongo across the Waters
- Kongo Cuisine and the Middle Passage in terms of Peanuts