The physical and social accessibility is a priority for theAfricaMuseum.
- The museum offers full access to people with disabilities:
- Large lifts ensure everyone can get to all the floors of the new building
- In the renovated museum, the old spiral staircases have been replaced by platform lifts
- The museum toilets have been adapted.
- For people with visual impairments, the museum paid attention to clear signage and the legibility of museum labels.
- The museum also examined content, creating a new permanent exhibition that will appeal to all audiences, which is also easy to understand.
- Special, discounted tariffs are offered for less affluent visitors.
Several other initiatives, to improve the museum’s accessibility, were taken with the support of Toerisme Vlaanderen